Sunday, October 11, 2015

What Life is Like Being Independent

Being an employer gives me the opportunity to have my own home, drive my own car and travel around the world. As a young and driven professional, I made a choice to save my wages so I can do whatever I want. I started living out of my comfort zone when I decided to moved out from my parents’ house. Being independent taught me a lot about life, career and challenges. It made me become aware of the reality and bitterness of life.

 

Working in an Insurance company lead me to learn different life’s circumstances and uncertainties. I was in the PPI claims department where I assist my clients on their needs so they will be able apply and receive their claims. You might wonder what PPI is? Let me start by introducing this product to you. According to Wikipedia, Payment protection insurance (PPI), also known as is an insurance product (especially in the United Kingdom) that allows consumers to protect repayment of credits if the borrower deceases, becomes ill or incapacitated, loses an occupation, or faces other conditions that may avert them from producing income to facilitate the debt.

 

This product had been my bread and butter for almost 5 years now and it has been a great experience for me. I must admit that during the first 2 years of my career, I faced different challenges that made me really stressed, depressed and even miserable. I almost reached to the point that I wanted to leave and be unemployed for the rest of my life.

 

My life had been a roller coaster ride but I remained strong not only for myself but also for my family. I became one of the best employee of our company because of my hard work and perseverance. Instead of conceding, I look at the bright side of my work and I stand back up. My clients had become my family also. I established a good working relationship with them that helped me lot to be who I am now.

 

Sources;
http://www.bcconservationcorps.ca/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment